Thursday, April 15, 2010

Here is the update....

After 5 days of traveling we finally made our way to Corpus Christi and so far we love it! We finished up with finals on Thursday night and then left early Friday morning. We made a few stops along the way in Denver, Tulsa, and Austin which is why it took us so long to get here.

We were feeling pretty good about the apartment complex we chose until we woke up yesterday morning to the sound of cop cars only to look out our window and see the the Wells Fargo next door had just been robbed. I turned on the news and noticed they were not running the Wells Fargo story because a dead body had just been found in the bay about 5 miles from our apartment. Overall though we really do feel safe, or at least i tell myself that so i can sleep well at night. But if we are not safe at least we have this sweet pool to distract us.


We have just been settling in and doing a whole lot of nothing... luckily Nathan starts work on Monday since he is already complaining he is soooo bored. I on the other hand don't know what i am going to do for the summer... maybe read a few good books, try some new recipes, sew some summer clothes, hang out by the pool and get a tan, oh ya and take those two online classes i have been putting off since my freshman year. So if you have any good book lists, recipes, or craft projects (i couldn't leave my craft stuff at home) let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'd probably have to tell myself the same thing. Good luck with that!
    I hope you can find fun things to do this summer. I'd give you suggestions . . . but . . . I can't think of any right now. If I do, I'll send them your way! Glad you made it safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Heidi, don't die in Texas, what will I do if you never come back to Rexburg.J/K
    I am glad you are safe and have a nice pool to swim in. It looks really pretty there.

    Derek says your blog is probably going to look amazing by the end of the summer, since you will be spending all of your time on it.

    ReplyDelete