Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 8

Day 8: Religion

I pulled this from a friend but it is exactly what I was thinking today.
 
"Without God, we're mired in the material, that flat world that tells us only what the senses perceive. Without God, there is a coarsening of the society. And without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure. If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."

Religion teaches us to be selfless. It teaches us that charity must be voluntary, not forced. It teaches us to respect human life. Without religion, democracy devolves into mob rule.
 
-Although I am a firm beliver (with all my heart and soul) in my religion I am grateful for all the religions that seek to do good and bring people closer to Christ.
 
And here is great link because it is always fun to see how others are stepping up and helping those in need. http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/new-round-of-cleanup-projects-scheduled-by-mormon-helping-hands

No comments:

Post a Comment