Here is a little update on the chicken mansion. It has been a long project but I finally feel like we are getting somewhere. When we started I had no idea it was going to take this long but now that I know how big of a project it is I will be surprised if we finish before Thanksgiving.
The roof goes up! This was a huge accomplishment. Now that the roof is up there is some really great shade for Nathan to work under.
The boys have spent a lot of time playing in the construction site. I will be honest and say it made me a little nervous at first when I saw Caleb dumping buckets of screws into his dump truck and was using a real hammer and nails but, I have now gotten used to it.
There has been a little more progress since these pictures but I haven't been over there in a few days. Those panels on the back have holes because there is going to be two solar powered doors for the chickens to come in and out of. The panels on the side are actually doors. They still need the rest of the molding and hinges but they will open so Tia can sweep out the coop easily. The design is really great and it is fun to finally see it coming along.